free backup software to help you protect your files
Free backup softwareYou heard it many times, that you have to backup your files. It's not needed till the first crash and all your work is lost. So these backup tools are free and you only have to download and set it up to start making regular backups, that can even be automatic. Because when something happend (crash of your disk, virus, your computer gets stolen ...) you can restore all of your data in a short time from the backup disk, tape, dvd or zip file. Choose a free backup software from the list and start protecting your files today...
- Free Internet services : Online storage space
- Freeware : Utilities : File management : File compression
- Areca Backup 7.2.5
- backup freeware tool that supports incremental (you can navigate among different version of the files contained in your archives) and image backup on local drives and FTP servers. Open source.
- AutoVer 1.4.3
- configurable automatic or real time backup and personal versioning system. It can be used as a simple real time backup or as a more complex, but transparent version control system (like a realtime incremental backup). The beauty of this system is that once you set it up (which is extremely simple) it does everything. No remembering to backup or to check in or check out files. Every time you save a file it is copied to your backup folder, drive or FTP server. You can include and exclude certain files and browse the backups with the Backup Explorer.
- Cobian Backup 22.214.171.1240
- software to backup files and whole directories. You can set the program to automatically make a backup within regular intervals of time. The program can also use pkzip.exe 2.50 or newer as an external application to compress your files or directories.
- Comodo BackUp 2.1
- tool to create backup copies of important files to protect yourself against crashes and data loss. Schedule backups to local/network drives, FTP and CD/DVD. Features real-time file synchronization and backup compression.
- simple backup software, it allows you to select a source and destination set of folders, and then replicate the source, including the folder structure, at the destination.
- DFIncBackup Home 2.93
- personal backup software for incremental backup files to zip archives. One archive can contain several root folders from different disk volumes and any subfolder can be tuned separately. Program have internal scheduler and log viewer.
- DriveImage XML 1.21
- program for imaging and backing up partitions and logical drives. Image creation uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Services (VSS), allowing you to create safe 'hot images' even from drives currently in use. Images are stored in XML files, allowing you to process them with 3rd party tools. Supports drives drives formatted with FAT 12, 16, 32 and NTFS.
- FileFort 1.00
- file backup software that will automatically backup your critical data to virtually any type of storage media including CD, DVD, Blu-ray and remote FTP servers.
- Handy Backup 2.1
- backup software designed for Windows 9x/NT/2000/Me/XP. It makes an automatic backup of your critical data virtually to any type of storage media: floppy disk, hard drive, network drive, or a remote FTP server. You only need to setup it once and it will monitor changes and execute scheduled backups and synchronizations at the time you specify. Strong file encryption, password protection and zip compression on the fly and many other features will protect your valuable data.
- Designed to copy critical data files and/or directories from one computer (usually a file or data server) to another on a LAN at a specified time each day. You can also use NetBackup on a standalone PC with multiple hard drives.
- Replicator 3.6.5
- automatically backup files, directories, even entire drives. Karen's Replicator copies selected files from one drive/folder to another. Source and Destination folders can reside anywhere on your network. Files larger than 2 GB are supported. Options include repeated copies at intervals as short as a few minutes, or as long as several months, copy only files that have changed, and the replication of file deletions.
- SQLBackupAndFTP 2.0
- runs scheduled backups of SQL Server databases, zips the backups, stores them on a network or on a FTP server, removes old backups, sends an e-mail confirmation on job's success or failure.
- SyncBack 3.2
- Easily backup, synchronize, or restore your files to another drive, FTP server, ZIP file, networked drive, or removable media. Highly configurable, SyncBack includes: detailed, easy to read log files, email results, simulated backups and restore, file filters, sub-directory selection, copy verification, background backups, auto-close of programs, easy and expert modes, profile groups, compare files, and an extensive context sensitive help file.
broken link?Comments 1
- Yadis! 1.6.5
- easy-to-use backup software, which will save you a lot of troubles. It guards your personal data by making real-time copies (whenever you make changes to your documents) to almost any destination you choose.
- ZipSnap 2.1
- simple command-line incremental backup tool for directories. Creates compressed point-in-time snapshots, adds only new or modified files and directories at each time. Files are automatically numbered with a timestamp.
Copyright © 1998-2014 Zdenek Rauner
, all rights reserved, pages updated on: 28-Jul-2014 - 12:45:30
free backup software to help you protect your files